Jun 8, 2011

אַליין

Photobucket

Alone on the outside
Always looking in
Alone on the inside
Where emptiness will always win

I thought I had a place before
With friends who wanted me
They don't hear me anymore
I don't know where I'm supposed to be

I don't have much to talk about
Absolutely nothing with me is new
Another conversation I'm left out
But I don't see what I can do

Quiet all day but noticed by no one
They're too distracted to care
Being by yourself is never fun
The loneliness is hard to bear

And inside I'm cracking
Waiting for a final stone
For a reason to start crying
Wishing for a place to call home

There's no point of crying
Over not having people near
I've even given up trying
Cause no one would ever hear

If only someone could realize
With the sight to see me so far away
Maybe then I could finally cry
With a sense of it being okay

Maybe I'm just being greedy
Thinking I deserve a true friend
When I know there are more needy
So with these people I'll play pretend